Complete Set of Eight Books – Ten Delightful Tales
The ideal Christmas or birthday gift for any lover of Ballarat, your good self included.
The Ten Delightful Tales series of booklets has a simple purpose. It is designed to highlight the joys of community life in Ballarat’s over the last 170 years.
Rain, hail or shine, parades, picnics, sports, monster meetings, rallies, carnivals, concerts, orations, fund raising events, school events, Ballarat’s irrepressible joie de vie, shines through in all these vibrant, joyful occasions.
And to be blunt, at this point in our history, we need a large dose of optimism. Fortunately It was not hard to find joyous stories in Ballarat’s amazing history. Enjoy reading them with a cup of tea or coffee and a lovely piece of a favourite Ballarat recipe -raspberry coconut slice, often called Amy Johnson slice.
Raspberry Slice – enjoy!
- 125 gm butter
- 1/2 cup of caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 and 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 1/2 cup of plum or raspberry jam
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 2 and 1/2 cups of coconut.
- Heat oven to 180 C
- Beat together butter, caster sugar and 2 egg yolks
- Add self raising flour and mix together
- Press into greased slab tin and spread with jam
- Beat 2 egg whites and add 1 egg and blend
- Add extra caster sugar and then coconut and then mix with spoon
- Spread on base and bake for 30 minutes
- Slice into bite size pieces
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge.