‘Everyone was in a violent hurry to get to the new Eldorado.’
But what was the fastest way for them to travel the 13,000 miles
from Britain to the Australian Goldfields?
Should they sail on a CLIPPER ship like the Marco Polo
Should they sail on a STEAMER like the SS Great Britain?
Tickets are selling fast!
Quickly, make up your mind!!
You cannot afford to miss your berth on the fastest ship!!!
A FORTUNE AWAITS!
The Racy Content
- The Not so Fleet, First Fleet . How slow can we go?
- A Faster Departure. Have we left yet?
- A Short Cut to Australia. Are we near yet?
- Steaming Over the Oceans. Could a steamer take us to Australia?
- The Challenge of the Clippers. Are clippers faster then steamers?
- The Race to the Australian Goldfields. 1851-53
Marco Polo v SS Great Britain
- The Extreme Clippers of America. 1854-55
Lightning v Red Jacket
- The Challenge of the British Clippers. 1855-56
Schomberg v all the American clippers
- The Challenge of the British Steamers. 1856-59
SS Great Eastern v Highfalutin
- The Simply Superb SS Great Britain. 1859-1875
SS Great Britain v the rest of the World
AFTER THE RACE WAS OVER
Epilogue. Emigration to Australia. 50,000 BC – 1900