Structured around eleven key questions, this book provides a stimulating overview to the National History Curriculum –Year 7, The Ancient World. The questions also provide a challenging, engaging focus for student research in the in-depth studies.
THE CONTENTIOUS CONTENT.
‘History is an argument without end.’ Pieter Geyl.
INVESTIGATING THE ANCIENT PAST.
- Why wasn’t the Human Race destroyed at birth?
- How did Humans take over all the world?
- Was Farming the greatest invention before sliced bread?
- Was Metal the greatest invention before sliced bread?
THE MEDITERRANEAN WORLD.
- Did Cities civilize Humanity?
- Was Egypt a Monumental Failure as a Civilization?
- Was Greek Greatness due to Geeks or Geography?
- What have the Ancient Romans ever done for us?
THE ASIAN WORLD.
- Why didn’t Ancient China take over the Ancient World?
- Was religion the factor that made India the greatest of all the Ancient Civilizations?
What, do ALL civilizations decline and fall, even our own?